The financial services industry has been quick to recognise the transformative impact that blockchain technology could have on global operations and client interactions, and, as a result, financial services companies are heavily involved in its development.
As the Financial Times put it: ‘banks could use blockchain technology for everything from recording and updating of customer identities to the clearing and settlement of lands and securities’. The technology promises more efficient, secure and easily scalable banking transactions than the existing banking model. It will fundamentally change the way that the industry approaches the movement of assets and execution of contracts. However, the potential of blockchain has not yet been fully realised.
The 2nd Annual Blockchain FS Technology Forum, which will take place in London on November 7th, will address blockchain technology from a user-led point of view and will analyse its potential for the financial services industry – particularly its infrastructure – in the UK and beyond.
Attending this summit will enable you to:
- Advance your understanding of how blockchain standards and industry collaboration are being fostered and promoted
- Analyse the key legal issues involved in the creation of a regulated data economy
- Understand the impact of smart contracts on financial services
- Review efficiencies and commercial strategies to build a trusted system when transitioning to blockchain
- Hear about the latest developments in: cross-border payment systems, digitised trade finance; clearing and settlements; and blockchain within asset and wealth management
- Learn how to overcome market and infrastructure challenges, including: technical, security, resilience and scalability issues
- Focus on insurance: benefit from increased effectiveness in fraud detection and pricing, whilst reducing costs and improving efficiency
- Improve customer engagement: Using blockchain as a tool to provide increased transparency and fairness of tariffs
- Embrace the latest developments in applications, innovation and core technologies
Omer Ahsan, Head of Customer Propositions, Global Commercial Banking, HSBC Holdings plc
Walid Al Saqqaf, Founder, Insureblocks
Keith Bear, Vice President, Financial Markets, IBM
Damian Bell, Business Development Director, Cygnetise
Marilyn Blattner-Hoyle, Global Head of Supply Chain and Trade Finance, AIG Europe Ltd
Dr Lee Braine, Investment Bank CTO Office, Barclays
Elliott Callender, Founder & CEO, Nodeunlock
Michael Coletta, Lead Blockchain Architect & Developer – Emerging Technologies, LSEG
Dylan Davis, Product Manager, Mastercard and Knowledge Sharer, Nodeunlock
Michele Curtoni, VP – Digital Product Development / Office of Architecture, State Street
Jonny Fry, CEO, Teamblockchain Ltd
Daniel Gabriel, Legal Director: Finance, Blockchain and BPO Global Regulatory Lead, Accenture
Sophia Grami, CEO & Co-Founder, Synswap
Barry James, Chair for Finance, ICO/DLT Startups, British Blockchain Association
Areti Kampyli, COO, Alice
Sean Henry Kiernan, CEO, DAG Global, Brian McNulty, Global Head of Services, R3
Hirander Misra, Chairman & CEO, GMEX Group
Ghanshyam Patil, Digital Lead – Blockchain, Global Technology, AXA XL, a division of AXA
James Roy Poulter, CEO, The Reserve
Joy Sengupta, Head of Corporate Strategy and Planning, CLS Group
Ioana Surpateanu, Director of Government Affairs, Citi
Philippe Verriest, Head of Innovation, Euroclear Group
Oliver von Landsberg-Sadie, CEO, BCB Group
On Yavin, CEO, Cointelligence
Who should attend
CEOs, CTOs, CIOs, Managing Directors, Global Heads, Directors, Heads of Desks, Senior Managers of, Specialists of: Innovation, Blockchain, Technology and Business Technology, Crypto Technology, DLT, FinTech, R&D, Public Policy, Regulatory & Market Strategies, Platforms & Architectures, Product Solutions
Banks, financial institutions, financial service providers, hedge funds, prime brokers, insurers, law firms, accountants, consultancies, FinTech companies and regulators.
£595.00 + VAT
Small Company rate*:
£149.00 + VAT
”Small Company” refers to a company or group with fewer than 50 employees.
*Use discount code ‘BKC2L80’ to get 20% off the fees quoted above.
*in all cases the code above must be mentioned for the discount to be applied to the private sector fee.