The New Economy Movement – widely know as NEM – is a smart contract platform. The Proof-of-Importance (PoI) consensus algorithm was first introduced by NEM when the blockchain platform launched on 31st March 2015, with XEM as the native token.
Unlike for the Ethereum platform’s ETH and ERC20 tokens, online wallets similar to MyEtherWallet and MyCrypto for storing XEM and Mosaic tokens are not available.
Mosaic tokens are built on the NEM blockchain. They are created and used to bring utility to blockchain projects, applications and platforms that are powered by NEM.
LATTICE80 ‘KAYA‘ is a Mosaic token issued on the NEM blockchain.
In our previous guides on setting up a NEM Nano Wallet and Receiving KAYA Mosaic tokens previous guide we showed how to easily setup a NEM Nano Wallet on your macOS, Windows, Linux and other devices. In this guide, we shall show you the exact steps to send KAYA tokens to your Blocktrade exchange account.
Please make sure that your desktop/laptop is virus-free and you choose a unique password when asked to choose one. The steps and optionThis should not be a password you use elsewhere. Use a password manager to generate and manage strong, unique passwords.
Here’s how you can easily send KAYA, a Mosaic token, from your NEM Nano Wallet desktop client:
1. Login and load you NEM Nano Wallet in which you received you KAYA tokens.
Official Android app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.nem.nac.mainnet&hl=en
Official iOS app: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/nem-wallet/id1227112677
2. Select ‘Send‘ in the top toolbar and check the ‘Mosaic Transfer‘ option under fees.
KAYA is a Mosaic token.
3. On the right, select kaya:kaya under Currency, and click ‘Attach‘. Your KAYA balance will now be visible.
4. Enter the Amount of KAYA you wish to transfer. A small fee, payable in XEM (NEM) applies.
Usually 0.1 XEM for a transaction that includes a message. You can exchange your existing cryptocurrency into XEM to pay the fees or purchase XEM from any of the leading cryptocurrency exchanges in your country.
5. Login to your Blocktrade account on trade.blocktrade.com or on the app
Official Blocktrade iOS app: http://bit.ly/Blocktrade-iOS
Official Android app: http://bit.ly/Blocktrade-Android
6. On the ‘Dashboard‘ or under the ‘Wallet‘ option, click on ‘Get‘
7. Select KAYA as the option from the asset selection dropdown menu
8. Blocktrade displays your wallet address and NEM Message.
Please note: NEM Message is mandatory to receive your funds to your Blocktrade account.
The NEM Message may be displayed as ‘Destination Tag’ in the mobile app. The provided value has to be entered as NEM Message in the next step.
9. Copy and paste the values EXACTLY from the last step in the NEM Nano Wallet application.
10. Enter your NEM Nano Wallet password. Click ‘Send‘.
11. I get a green confirmation message in the right corner of my application that says ‘Transaction successfully sent!‘.
12. The transaction appears under Unconfirmed while it gets broadcast to and validated by the blockchain network.
13. My transaction was confirmed within a few seconds. Time taken depends upon network congestion.
14. You can click on the transaction to see the details of the transaction.
15. You will receive a deposit confirmation in your email inbox when your KAYA token is successfully deposited into your Blocktrade wallet.
Please note: There maybe a delay of up to few hours before you receive the KAYA token in your wallet on Blocktrade.
16. Check your wallet on Blocktrade under Dashboard or Wallet options and your KAYA will now be available to trade.
Currently, KAYA/ETH pair is trading on Blocktrade.