The event will feature keynote speeches and discussions on blockchain technology, the most successful ICOs, artificial intelligence, cyber security and many other topics. #SWITCH! is the largest non-profit ICT and entrepreneurship event in the Baltic States and is expected to attract over 15,000 participants to the Litexpo exhibition and congress center.
“#SWITCH! is an event for those who believe in a future driven by digital solutions and technology to attend and network. It is important to show Lithuania, and the world, what we do the best. Technology has a huge impact on business and in our daily lives and we have had a lot of interesting and successful start-ups in this field in the last 12 months. This year, #SWITCH! will be featuring blockchain, AI and other professionals not only from Europe but also from Asia, America, and Australia.
“We have an opportunity for the best and brightest in their field to present their experiences and knowledge”, – says Member of the European Parliament (MEP) and initiator of the event Antanas Guoga.
Professionals will have access to an exclusive network of important contacts as this year’s program will focus on digital market analysis and blockchain. Some of the main topics will cover the latest examples of the impact of blockchain technology on industry efficiency and transparency, its benefits in the supply chain sector and the speed and direction of intelligence progress. Trends for 2019 will be forecasted by top-level specialists such as technology-generating and utilising companies, successful entrepreneurs and visionaries for the digital future.
The event will also cover regulatory environment topics such as crypto analysis, ICOs, regulation, and opportunities within the digital market for fintech companies. These topics will be discussed by the European Parliament, the European Commission, the European Central Bank, Lithuanian and other national governments and global companies such as IBM, Google, Skycop and TransferWise.
“#SWITCH! is the largest networking event in the region. There is no better way to connect with a network of professionals, technology business investors and potential partners. No matter whether you’re in the private or public sector, you will gain the knowledge to help you leverage the digital revolution to improve your own business or national region”, – says A. Guoga.
FIND THE FULL AGENDA HERE: http://switchit.lt/en/agenda/
Visionaries, leaders of the most successful digital business companies, representatives of the European governments, EU institutions, and Lithuanian experts will discuss European and global ICT trends. We will hold practical workshops orientated towards businesses that want to learn about digital business opportunities, successfull growth in the digital world, or would like to digitalise their traditional business.
This year we will focus again on the Digital Single Market review and drawing guidelines for national and EU policy makers. Topics will include: practical application of Blockchain technology, ICOs, development of the financial services market (fintech), cyber security, artificial inteligence, online platforms, and more…
Professional’s program – for whom?
The Professional Program is designed for business and policy makers, visionaries, community leaders, technology experts, public sector representatives and those who:
- want to learn about the latest trends in global technology and innovation,
- to establish contacts with local or foreign investors;
- to expand the network of professional contacts;
- meet and discuss technological development with high-level foreign and Lithuanian business giants, the most promising representatives of the blockchain industry and policy makers from the institutions of the European Union, the governments of various continents;
- to hear practical advice, arguments on implementation of modern technologies in business or in the public sector.
More about the #SWITCH! 2018 program:
- Practical application of Blockchain technology in the logistics sector. How does blockchain technology help boost sector efficiency and transparency? What added value will the technology provide to the services and goods industry? Practical examples will be shared by companies already using the technology in the logistics sector.
- Crypto and ICOs Start-ups projects raised $4.2 billion in 2017 through ICOs. One could say that ICOs have been so instrumental to crowd funding that about 30% of all funding last year at the early stage came from ICOs. However, the ugly side of ICOs has already showed up – once you own a token, there is no accountability that it will do what was promised, or that the company will use the money to create a product. How can we distinguish between start-ups who are trustworthy and intend to carry out their business plan and create added value, and those which are potentially of poor reputation or at risk of disappearing? Is legal regulation of ICOs necessary in order to increase trust between start-ups and consumers who invest?
- The future of financial technologies (fintech) and Lithuania’s potential in this field.The digitization of financial services is growing rapidly. Technological opportunities are improving every day. How do the latest technologies, such as artificial intelligence or blockchain, change the face of the fintech sector? Do traditional banks go in hand with this progress.
- Cybersecurity. Europe places great trust in new opportunities brought forward by the Digital Single Market (DSM). However, it also brings new challenges. Last year, there were more than 4,000 ransom ware attacks per day and 80% of European companies experienced at least one cyber security incident. In 2017 European Commission released the cyber security package in order to strengthen cyber resilience. Will it help European regulators to solve the problem of cyber resilience? Are the new technologies like AI and blockchain the key to an effective response against cyber threats? Which cutting-edge technology solutions could help businesses or governments to strengthen cyber resistance?
- Artificial Intelligence, IoT. From SIRI to self-driving cars, artificial intelligence (AI) is progressing rapidly. While there may be debate whether AI will transform our world in good or evil ways, something we can all agree on is that AI would be nothing without big data. Even though AI technologies have existed for several decades, its’ “the explosion” of data that has allowed it to advance at incredible speeds. What are the major hurdles for AI to use big data in Europe? Will the EC proposed draft regulation on free flow of non-personal data help to boost AI in Europe? What impact will it have on AI and the possible frontrunner role of Europe in this area?
- Online platforms. Online platforms are strong drivers of innovation and play an important part of thriving Europe’s digital economy. They increase consumer choice, improve efficiency and competitiveness of industry. At the moment, online platforms are not comprehensively covered by EU legislation. Is there a necessity to create a regulatory framework or it is rather wise for platforms economy to adjust themselves?
#SWITCH! is an open and free platform where you can find the most recent innovations including 3D printers and drones, the opportunity to use the power of your mind to move things, to walk in virtual reality, and even build a robot.
#SWITCH! 2018 is mostly dedicated to young IT maniacs and enthusiasts, decision makers, developers and engineers who see themselves running the world 10 years from now.
As previous years, #SWITCH! 2018 Youth program, technology and education fair are absolutely for FREE! Anyone can come, join and be inspired!
This year, we will focus on career opportunities and improvements of tech-education in Lithuania, will talk about influencers and blokchcain for dummies. There will be inspiring stories which will encourage you to connect your future with the digital world, or perhaps help your decision about the ICT field you would most like to study in after graduating school.
#SWITCH kindly invites teachers and municipality representatives responsible for education to participate in the #SWITCH! education programme which has been organised especially for them. The programme will tackle challenges and help participants understand the benefits of the digital revolution in education. Industry leaders, education officials and experts will present, comment and discuss relevant topics with teachers and academics from all over Lithuania.
Experts working in the education field will give speeches sharing their experience and knowledge on such topics as implementation of the technologies in education, smart schools and smart teachers.